Wednesday, December 4, 2013

CHANDELIER 

While I was looking through the many photos on Pinterest under the wedding section I saw a few ceremony set ups that were outside that had chandeliers hanging from the trees.   It caught my attention and I had to have one! I looked around online for one for a few months but I was scared to purchase one with out seeing how big it really was in person.  I went to Menards and found the perfect one for $200!   Later on I found one that would work just as well at Costco for $150.  I already had my $200 one so I stuck with that.

Kenny, my father-in-law, had a huge part in setting up for our wedding.  We got married in the middle of a golf course so everything was running on a generator.  There was a lot of extension cords involved.  He had some help from Kyle and Kyle's groomsmen, but he was the brains of the operation! 

It wasn't as dark outside as I wanted it to be during the ceremony but we really couldn't wait any longer if we were going to stay on schedule.  We had the ceremony at sunset which did end up looking pretty stinkin' cool in the pictures!  After the ceremony was over we stayed and had pictures taken at the ceremony area.  By that time it was dark!

The chandelier was one of the first things I knew I wanted at my wedding.  The theme of 'light' took over my wedding.  We had a massive amount of Christmas lights at the ceremony site.  We used christmas lights to construct what I call a starry night sky over the dance floor and the reception area.  My cake lit up.  My dress also lit up.  We had balloons that lit up.  There were probably more details involving light but I can't think of them right now.  






The chandelier is in storage now.  Once we move into a house we are going to hang the chandelier up so we can see it every day. It will be a nice little reminder of our beautiful wedding!


No comments:

Post a Comment