Tuesday, December 3, 2013

BRIDESMAID DRESSES
   I knew for a while that I didn't want to have all my bridesmaids in the same dress.  It was important to me that they all feel pretty on the day of my wedding.  I wanted the wedding to be enjoyable for every person that day not just me and my soon-to-be husband.  I assigned each bridesmaids a color.  One was purple.  One was pink.  One was teal.  One was aqua.  The guidelines were simple... or so I thought. 

1) get a floor length gown in your color, not poofy just flowy. 
2) it needs to have a little bit of bling but not too much because I want you all to sort of match
3) I either want all of you wearing the same exact neckline, or I want 4 completely different necklines.

Why did I care about these details you ask... I don't know! I just did. ok? I had a vision.  Shopping for the dresses was a huge pain in the butt for my bridesmaids.  I started going with this idea because I thought it would be easier for them but it ended up frustrating all of them and I felt bad, but they forgave me and got over it because they love me.  Christa (Purple) found her dress at Dillards.  Aslynn (Pink) ordered hers online.  Jessie (Teal) found hers at Younkers.  Last but not least Ashley ( Aqua) found hers at Davids Bridal.

My vision came to life and they all looked stunningly beautiful the day of my wedding.  Their dresses went perfect together.  The colors of their dresses looked amazing all standing next to each other.  



   









   

No comments:

Post a Comment