Tuesday, December 3, 2013

MIKULICH WEDDING CAKE

I finally got my wedding pictures back so I can share all the wonderful details of our wedding with you folks! Today, I will tell you about our wedding cake :)

At first I insisted that I didn't want a cake because I didn't want to spend the money on it.  During one of our late Wednesday night wedding planning meetings my sister, Christa, and I had this conversation:

Christa "So what do you want to do for a wedding cake?"
     Me: "Well, I don't really want one.... well maybe just a small one"
Christa: "Ok, so lets just do a white two layer cake from Hy-Vee."
    Me: "No, I want it bigger and prettier."
Christa: "Ok, so you are saying that you want a real wedding cake then."
    Me: "Yes, thank you for reading between the lines there." 

Once she finally got it out of me that I wanted a real wedding cake, we knew exactly where to go to get it!

 Michelle Lindell Sweettoeatcakes

We scheduled a consultation with Michelle for a Saturday at Starbucks. I told her my wedding colors and a little bit about my wedding theme, and what my dress looked like.   We got to taste different flavors of cake and settled on 3 different flavors.  Each layer is a different flavor of cake.  I told her how we were going to have the ceremony outside and hang a chandelier from the trees.  We decided to go with the ruffles on the bottom because my wedding dress was very ruffle-y.  The coolest part about this cake was that the little lights on the chandelier actually lit up!!!

 

I bought the cake topper from Ebay, and Michelle provided the cake stand!  Not only did Michelle drive all the way from Iowa to deliver the cake to our Kansas City Wedding, but she also stayed for the reception and cut and served the cake!   I'm so glad we decided to get a wedding cake!  It ended up being one of my absolute favorite parts about my wedding!  
Now the part I'm sure you're wondering about, How much does a beautiful custom cake like this cost?
$320,  or $380 with the delivery fee.  


No comments:

Post a Comment