Tuesday, April 29, 2014

DIY blinged out shoes


I have had these shoes for a while and decided I wanted to rhinestone the logo after I saw a pair like that on Pinterest.   I'm not sure if the pair on Pinterest came like that or if someone else rhinestoned their shoes themselves.   This Project took me about 2 hours.  I used E6000 glue, tweezers, and clear rhinestones.  I didn't use a rhinestone template or a heat press.  This was all done by hand. I did the outside logo on my right shoe, and the outside logo on my left shoe.  I didn't do anything to the inside logos.  

 Step 1: Get a shoe :)

 Step 2: Using tweezers dip the back of the rhinestone in the E6000 glue then place on the shoe.  Go along an edge of the logo to start with. Don't just randomly place them because that will be too hard to duplicate on the other shoe.  I used SS16 sized stones for most of the design.

Step 3:  Add SS10 rhinestones to the smaller spaces where the big rhinestones won't fit.  It it important to make sure all the rhinestones stay on the logo.   Even if you have a little extra space, It's better to leave it un-rhinestoned then to have bumpy edges of a design.  From far away this will look completely filled.  
 

 Here is a before and after pic!

I hope this goes well for you if you try it! Leave comments and let me know how it went for you :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment